"Climb the Mt Parihaka of your limits and run down the other side."
– Northpower Wild Kiwi Scholarship Winner, Emily Malone
Welcome to the Northpower Wild Kiwi, an event that will see adventurous kiwis from all over participating in a number of amazing off-road events. The Northpower Wild Kiwi will take you into and onto some of the most incredible terrain and landscapes in one of the most amazing and scenic places in this country of ours – the Whangarei Heads.
2020 event cancelled due to Covid-19. New 2021 date to be confirmed.
The Whangarei Heads region boast vistas and views like none other, and has some amazing beaches, tracks and trails that will quite literally knock your running socks off!
Event options include:
- Northpower Wild Kiwi Multi-sport (individual or teams) – 10km sea kayak, 25km MTB, 14km run (final 3km completed with all team members if participating in a team)
- Northpower Mild Kiwi Multi-sport (individual or teams) – 5km sea kayak, 18km MTB, 10km run (final 3km completed with all team members if participating in a team)
- BDO Whangarei 21km run/walk
- Whangarei District Council 15km run/walk
- Activ8 Northland 8km run/walk
- PAK’nSAVE Kids dash